1.2.1. Enable Virtual MFA
Enable a Virtual MFA Device using Console
To enable MFA, you must signed in AWS using your root user.
To configure and enable a virtual MFA device:
- Sign in to AWS Console.
- In the top right of the navigation bar, you will see your account name, choose it and choose My Security Credentials then expand Multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Choose Active MFA.
- In Manage MFA Device, choose Virutal MFA device then choose Continue.
- Install a compatible app on your mobile device or computer. List of the application.
- After install application on your device, scan the QR code.
- In the MFA code 1, enter six digit number, wait 30 seconds enter the next six digit number and choose Assign MFA.
- Now you have done to enable Virtual MFA Device.