To get started with CloudWatch dashboards, you must first create a dashboard. You can create multiple dashboards. There is no limit on the number of CloudWatch dashboards in your AWS account. All dashboards are global, not Region-specific.
- Go to the AWS Management Console and open the CloudWatch console home page.
- In the navigation pane, choose Dashboards and then Create dashboard.
- In the Create new dashboard dialog box, enter a name for the dashboard and choose Create dashboard.
- Do one of the following in the Add to this dashboard dialog box:
- To add a graph to your dashboard, choose Line or Stacked area and choose Configure. In the Add metric graph dialog box, select the metrics to graph and choose Create widget. If a specific metric doesn’t appear in the dialog box because it hasn’t published data in more than 14 days, you can add it manually. For more information, see Graph Metrics Manually on a CloudWatch Dashboard.
- To add a number displaying a metric to the dashboard, choose Number and then Configure. In the Add metric graph dialog box, select the metrics to graph and choose Create widget.
- To add a text block to your dashboard, choose Text and then Configure. In the New text widget dialog box, for **Markdown, add and format your text using Markdown. Choose Create widget.
- Optionally, choose Add widget and repeat step 4 to add another widget to the dashboard. You can repeat this step multiple times.
- Choose Save dashboard.