Create On-Demand Backup
Create an On-Demand Backup
- In this first step, you create an on-demand backup of one of your resources. You will then see this resource listed on the Protected resources page.
- To create an on-demand backup
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, and open the AWS Backup console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/backup.
- From the dashboard, choose Create on-demand backup. Or, using the navigation pane, choose Protected resources, and then Create on-demand backup.
- On the Create on-demand backup page, choose the resource type that you want to back up; for example, choose EBS for EBS volumes.
- Choose the name or ID of the resource that you want to protect.
- Ensure that Create backup now is selected. This initiates a backup immediately and enables you to see your saved resource sooner on the Protected resources page.
- Specify a transition to cold storage value (if appropriate) and an expire value.
- Choose an existing backup vault. Choosing Create new backup vault opens a new page to create a vault and then returns you to the Create on-demand backup page when you are finished.
- Under IAM role, choose Default role.
- If you want to assign one or more tags to your on-demand backup, enter a key and optional value, and choose Add tag.
- Choose Create on-demand backup. This takes you to the Jobs page, where you will see a list of jobs.
- Choose the Backup job ID for the resource that you chose to back up to see the details of that job.